The Lyon Township Public Library has 9 public access computers with internet access for public use, all with:
- Windows 10 Operating System
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Office 2016 product suite
- USB ports
We also have one computer with additional peripherals including:
- Flat bed document scanner
- High speed photo scanner
Computer Help Sites
Computer Skills Center
Offers 90+ courses on topics such as computer basics, Internet basics, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, and MS Office tools like Word, Outlook, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Create a free account to access these tools.
GFC Learn Free
Learn about basic computing concepts, working with Google Docs, Microsoft Office, Zoom, html, and so much more at your own pace.
If you are new to computers, haven’t used them for a while, are a little unsure and uncomfortable, or just need a bit of a refresher, we have the tools to help you tackle technology at your own pace and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
Microsoft Office Training
On-line tutorials to help you learn to use the Microsoft Office suite of products.
Mr. Kent’s Typing Tests
Learn how to type efficiently using leveled and customized tests that you specify.
New Computer User Tutorial
Learn the very basics of computing with this on-line tutorial.
Peter’s Online Typing Course
Here you’ll find a set of free online typing lessons and typing exercises for beginning typists, and frustrated hunt-and-peckers who want to move from four-finger typing to full-blown touch typing.
Learn the basic keyboard layouts and how to type using games, exercises, and more.
Recovering Your Digital History
Information on how to access files stored on obsolete technology, and transfer them to new formats.
Digital Content Help
Learn how to borrow eBooks, audiobooks and more from your library. Watch tutorials and troubleshoot issues.
Find answers to your questions, troubleshoot problems, and access additional support.
Get answers to frequently asked questions.
Mango Languages Help
Get answers to common issues and learn how to use the different content in Mango.
Adobe Digital Editions
Software required to download and purchase digital content, and view and manage eBooks and other digital publications that can be read both online and offline.
Sessions & Reservations
Computer sessions are limited to 60 minutes, you may extend your session if noone is waiting to use a computer.
We are available for technology / tech help if you would like to schedule an appointment.
Click here to learn more
Receive one-on-one assistance with:
- Computer basics – organizing files, setting up your email, or browsing the internet
- Basic Social Media assistance – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, & others
- Using your smartphone, eReader, and/or tablet
- Basic Microsoft Office applications (Word, Publisher, Excel)
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE:
- Please arrive with a clear goal of what you would like to learn.
- Please arrive with all the necessary passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be sure to bring in any device you need help with along with any power cords and accessories.
- You may only book one appointment at a time.
WE ARE UNABLE TO:
- Take apart or replace physical parts on a device
- Assist with tax preparation
- Update or install new software
You will have 5 free print pages per session. If you need to print more than 5 pages, please bring exact change, print cost is $.10 per page.
Other Available Services
- Wireless access
- Wireless printing
- Color copying/printing
|Service||Cost per Page|
|Black & White 8.5″ x 11″ Printing||$.10|
|Black & White 8.5″ x 14″ Printing||$.15|
|Black & White 11″ x 17″ Printing||$.50|
|Color 8.5″ x 11″ Printing||$.50|
|Color 8.5″ x 14″ Printing||$.75|
|Color 11″ x 17″ Printing||$1.00|
|Faxing||$1.00/first page, $.25/page after|
Other Technology Items
The following items may be checked out at the Circulation Desk for use in building:
- Camera memory card readers
- Telephone charging cables
- External floppy disk drive
- External CD/DVD drive
Items available for purchase:
- 8 gb flash drive $8.00
- Earphones/earbuds $3.00