Employment & Volunteering
All persons who wish to be considered for employment at the Lyon Township Public Library must fill out an Employee Application. Applications are available at the link below, and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications may be filled out for future consideration if we do not have a current job posting.
All applications will held for consideration for one year after filing. If potential employees would like to update the applications held on file they may do so at anytime.
You must be at least 16 years of age to be considered for a page position and at least 18 years of age to be considered for a clerk position at the Lyon Township Public Library.
Volunteering at the Library
- The Lyon Township Public Library recognizes the need for and welcomes community volunteers. Volunteers are individuals who give their time and talents to the Library without compensation. The Library Director shall have the authority to approve the use of volunteers.
- Volunteers will be recruited without regard to any individual’s age, race, creed, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, physical appearance, socioeconomic level, education level or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Volunteers under the age of 18 must have parental approval and cannot work more than four (4) hours per day. Generally, the Library will not accept volunteers under the age of 14.
- Volunteers will work under the direction of the Library Director or staff person designated by the Library Director and will follow all Library policies and standards, including the policies and laws regarding privacy of Library records. Training and information will be provided for the assigned tasks.
- Volunteers may not:
- Perform activities that could reveal confidential patron information
- Use the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Volunteers can be released from volunteer duties at any time at the discretion of the Library Director