We’ve added 10 new Chromebooks to our Library of Things!
Check out a library Chromebook for 7 days with your LTPL library card. Hotspots are also available to be used with Chromebooks.
Chromebook Loan Policy:
• Patrons must be 18 years of age or older and have a valid LTPL library card that is not blocked in order to check out a Chromebook. Devices may only be checked out by LTPL cardholders.
• Patrons must show a driver’s license or other photo ID with the patron’s address listed at check-out. The address on the ID must match the address on file with your library account.
• Chromebooks may be checked out for 7 days with no renewals. Local holds only.
• Only one device can be checked out per card and per household at one time.
• Patrons may borrow a LTPL hotspot with the Chromebook if they do not have internet access
• Overdue Chromebooks will be deactivated within 24 hours of the due date. You will be instructed to return the device to the library.
• Devices must be returned at LTPL, and cannot be returned in the drop box. They must be returned to the Circulation Desk during regular library hours.
• The Chromebook Borrowers Agreement Form must be signed by the patron before the device is turned over to the patron.
• If Chromebooks are repeatedly returned late, or are returned in the dropbox, a suspension of 6 months may occur for borrowing
Chromebook Use Policy
• Chromebooks connect to the internet over an open wireless network. Users should exercise caution when transmitting sensitive information over an unsecure network without encryption.
• Patrons may not alter or reconfigure the library’s hardware or software in any way.
• Patrons will be accountable for any malicious or illegal use of the internet.
• The library is not responsible for any damage to the user’s removable disks/drives or loss of data that may occur due to malfunctioning library hardware and/or software.
• All user files should be saved to a cloud storage account or to a removable data storage device. All downloaded files will be cleared at the end of a browsing session.
• Chromebooks are filtered to comply with the Child Internet Protection Act.
• All borrowers assume full financial responsibility for the cost of repair or replacement due to accidental damage, theft, loss, or misuse.
• Replacement cost of items: